We have put together an easy spaghetti recipe for our Dutch Oven One-Pot Pasta.
It takes an already simple meal and makes it even easier and quicker with less cleanup. Which is what you want when camping – less cleaning the better!
This camping dinner recipe is really filling and satisfying after a long day of hiking and playing. As someone who has cooked for many hiking trips, this is one of my go-to meals. It’s definitely one of the best Dutch oven pasta recipes out there!
- 1-2 pound ground beef
- 1 carrot
- 1 zucchini
- 1 onion diced
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 15 ounces canned tomato sauce
- 15 ounces canned diced tomatoes
- 2 3/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 12 ounces dried pasta
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- Place Dutch Oven in hot coals
- Dice up the onion, carrot, zucchini, and place into Dutch Oven
- Add chopped up garlic
- Place ground beef in the pot and cook through
- Sprinkle in salt and pepper
- Add in tomato sauce and diced tomatoes
- Add 2/4 cup of water
- Cook the pasta in a separate saucepan
(Pro-tip cook pasta at home to perfection and bring it along)
- Place pasta in Dutch Oven
- Cook for 30 mins
Once cooked spoon out into bowls with a sprinkle of parmesan and parsley.
Top with more shredded cheese before serving, if desired. Serve with salad and bread.
This is my favorite Dutch Oven One-Pot Pasta. Its easy tastes great and healthy particularly with the added carrot and zucchini.
What I also like about this meal, there are only a few items to wash up. The pot, chopping board, plates, and cutlery. The less to clean up the better ! Just be mindful of how you clean up the Dutch Oven. We have another article on this.